7.10.2012

The weekly Inspiration; California dreamin'

Each week I'm planning on doing a mass post detailing my inspiration for the week. So here goes the very first one;
Inspiration number one: The Mamas and the Papas.
Recently I have revisited my childhood love for the 60s melodious vocal group, The Mamas and the Papas. Their beautiful sound is complementing my winter holidays quite nicely; some stand out tunes would have to be Dancing Bear, Safe In My Garden, Do You Wanna Dance, California Dreamin' (of course) Creeque Alley and my childhood favourite, Dream A Little Dream Of Me. And so my next inspiration piggybacks off my last;


Inspiration number two: The beautiful Michelle Phillips.
Although Mama Cass' voice always makes me melt in my boots, Michelle's understated melodies complete the Mama's and the Papas' sound, besides, she's not hard to look at either (not that Mama Cass is). Her killer dress sense and bashful features earns her a place in the fashion inspiration spotlight.

Aaaaaaaaand Inspiration number three: Flowers.
Oh! How cliché! Yes, I am well aware, but when it comes to little nuggets of being that can brighten even the dullest of days, nothing comes close to these little ~all natural~ bursts of colour. And they can be home-grown, purchased at the nearest convenience store (talk about convenience!) or pinched from your nearest green thumb. But that's tacky so just grow your own, folks. And if that's not enough to sell these critters, celebrities seem to dig them, too!

Frida Kahlo looking mighty fine sporting blossoms atop her barnet.

I don't actually know who this is, but she's looking brilliant and she has flowers, so extra points for her.

Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face, looking stunning in a Parisian florist.

Andy Warhol chilling in the sunflowers backed by some of his artwork.

So there's a snippet of what I'm digging this week, hope you enjoyed it xx




No comments:

Post a Comment